Saturday, April 11, 2009

Oh... Here it comes!

We recently had Eliora's birthday party and wow she did not want to waste any time! Those of you who were there saw that the instant one activity was over it was straight to the next one. Haha she was determined. She had a poker face while she was opening the presents and that was pretty funny to watch.
But there was her birthday and her 6th year has come and gone. The birthday has already happened. That can only mean one thing...
HERE COMES THE TSUNAMI OF BIRTHDAYS!!!!!
They come every year like the drops of rain on a street in downtown Seattle.
WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM...
You get the point.
Now to endure the people coming over, the torture of finding the perfect gift... all the usual birthday stuff.
And don't forget the birthday cakes.
You know, the bread product covered in fluffy white frosting that you never want to eat but... it looks so good...
And whats cake without ice cream?
So I must lock myself away in my room forever to avoid the temptation... I hate this time of year.
Oh, on a cheerier note, (I know, oh, brother, Makealah, birthdays aren't that bad... To you who say that I say... YES THEY ARE!!!! okay, not really, but I don't really like this time of year.) I read a really cool book and I am recommending it to anyone who is interested. It is titled "The Valley of Fear" and is written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. As a matter of fact, I recommend anything by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Will post later.

3 comments:

  1. Makealah, You are too funny! And a good writer too...maybe I should invite you to my class to teach them about "voice" (the ability to tell a story in an interesting way with a unique style).

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks. ok im fine with that lol would you pay me? haha jk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makealah, you are the wittiest teenager around! I am glad you are mine!

    ReplyDelete