This retreat was almost as good as the high school retreat. Sorry, jr highers, but thats just the truth.
So in this retreat, I really appreciated the song, 'Recover My Heart'. Especially the third verse because I really related to it. I don't know about you, but I dont feel like I love the Lord very much, at least not as much as I should. So at least the first two lines have been my prayer lately.
I also liked when there was one brother who was sharing. It seemed like every single thing he was saying was directed towards me, which it wasn't because he doesn't know me. But this brother shared a little something about there was a button in his head when he was younger and even now. It was the 'I know this already' button. And whenever he was sitting in a meeting, and if there was anything he already knew, it was like he pushed the button, and he basically zoned out the whole entire meeting. (hee hee oops I do that sometimes, too)
But everything can be fresh to us, and also sometimes we need to hear it more than once before we really get it.
So, since I am really bad at doing this, I really don't know what to say now.
Here are some pics.
This is flexible Jessica, sitting in the car.(on a sidenote, slugbug black!) P.S. those are someone else's legs. Sry Jessica, I had to tell them. Cute socks, Christy!
This is an example of how deep the snow was. This is my snowfriend, Bobby, who Jessica murdered. (okay. She stomped on his face. Same thing.)
Some of Boise and Jessica in front of the HUGE fireplace. (Left to right: Becca, Katie, Jessica.)
Now that I have no more retreats until fall im counting down the days till SST. Haha.... (No, actually, I really am.)
Well, there it is!
Dude that is so cool!!! And the thing is that is applies to me also. I loved the retreat!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete-Angela
I loved the retreat too! Especially the part where I got to bug my niece all weekend. Hee hee! I really enjoyed your sharing. I know I don't love the Lord enough. But we can ask Him to help us love Him more.
ReplyDeleteYour blog is cute by the way!
Thank you! And, yes, Hannah did have fun bugging me all weekend. Lol jk. She was cool.
ReplyDelete