Well guys sorry its been so long, but I have been a little busy and I will be a little busy for the next month. That's why theres been no new posts.
But enough about that. Today was pretty fun, I mean I FINALLY went on the snow trip with the youth group. You see, they take us somewhere fun if we win the Bible reading. Like, if you read enough in the winter, you get a prize.
This time we went innertubing.
I sincerely hope I spelled that right.
So we get there and we have to put some sticker on our coats, and then we can grab a 'tube and slide down the side of the hill.
So fun!
I wish I had some pictures...
The first time I went down, I had no idea that you were supposed to lean away from where you are going. Like if you are going backwards, you have to lean forewards.
Or else you will have the mishap that I had.
It was the first time I went down. I went face first. For all of you that have no idea what its like, you have to hold onto the handles, run, and fall face first down the hill. Basically, that makes you slide. Either that, or you sit on the tube.
So I am going down face first, and my tube starts spinning so now I am going backwards.
"Oh, well," I think.
I was so wrong.
I did not see the jump.
Okay, it was a very small jump, but it was still a jump.
I flew in the air, and lost grip on the innertube.
Then I promptly landed on my head and did a couple somersaults for good measure.
Yay! Fun!
As soon as I stopped rolling down the hill, I landed perfectly safe, like nothing happened, on my back.
I pretended to have done it on purpose.
Lifting both arms in the air, I cheered for myself.
I stood up to get my 'tube which had slid to a stop 5 feet away. I grab the handle and began to walk off of the track.
My troubles were not over.
About five seconds later, something slams into the back of my knees and I fall down again.
I turn to face the offender.
The girl is looking at me with an expression of horror.
"I am SO sorry, I completely forgot that we were supposed to wait for the other person. Are you okay? Oh, I'm in so much trouble!"
Do you expect me to believe she forgot that we were supposed to wait for the other person to move.
DUH!!!
I just went along with it.
But right before we left, Tony, who was not to be outdone, decided to fall off his tube.
Copycat!
Oh well.
But it was a really fun trip, all-in-all.
Thank you so much Dale and Sandy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds a lot like my first and last ski trip. There was a lot of falling in that trip as well....only not so much fun! Haha! Sounds like you had a blast!
ReplyDeleteNow that would have been great to have on camera! I can just picture it. I wonder if your muscles are gonna hurt tomorrow. Worth the fun, I'm sure!
ReplyDeleteYeah, my muscles hurt. Mostly my neck, because in the hour car trip back I was an idiot and looked out the window the whole time. Now one side of my neck hurts like heck whenever I even look up or turn my head. lol.
ReplyDeletehahahahaha. that sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteyou really sound like a writer, making things sound interesting.
I love your enthusiasm! You are a fun person to be around, I am so glad you are my kid!
ReplyDeletethx you all for the nice comments. :)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like lots of fun!!!
ReplyDeleteI loved sledding, tubing and ice skating at outdoor rinks when I was younger!